WindowsAPI as dub package

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 20:39:39 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 12:10:05 UTC, Paul Z. Barsan
wrote:
> I've recently used cairoD for drawing and I thought it would be
> nice to have support for win32 surfaces. In order to add
> support for this feature I need a winapi-d package for dub.So
> far I've found some personal mirrors and clones on github such
> as:
>
> https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/WindowsAPI
> https://github.com/CS-svnmirror/dsource-bindings-win32
>
> but so far nobody dares to maintain a big pkg like this. Are
> there more experienced users willing to do this ?

Does Dub support Git submodules (can it clone Git repositories
with --recursive)? If so, you could create a Dub package with a
submodule which tracks the master branch of the
dsource-bindings-win32 mirror.

> The main problem is that the development still takes place on
> dsource.org.

I think the long-term plan is to move the entire bindings (sans
DirectX, probably) into Druntime. But it's a good deal of work
(esp. considering backwards compatibility with the existing
declarations) and no one has done it yet.