[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

Ola Fosheim Grostad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 01:46:33 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 08:38:49 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Perhaps this new situation (no implicit conversions, plus two
> kinds of casts, and few extra literals) is safer than the
> current D situation (and I think no C code gains a new working
> meaning in this new situation).

He want go-semantics. It also means that literals are untyped
until bound, so you can do high precision calculations at compile
time.

I would also like to see these explicit conversions (and find
hacks like "alias this" somewhat annoying).

I also think arithmetics on ubytes should be done as ubytes etc
to allow SIMD vectorization.

Go semantics is described well here:

http://blog.golang.org/constants