[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

Ola Fosheim Grostad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 04:30:21 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 11:11:23 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Many of his wishes have been answered in Algol68(1973),
> Modula-2(1978), Cedar(1983), Ada(1983), Turbo Pascal 6.0
> (1990), but the industry at large decided to go elsewhere
> instead.

I didn't get that impression. Seems like he wants to cover
existing practices in a more time saving package, then add some
neat stuff:

- automatic region allocator per object
- ctfe including executing external programs
- uda + static reflection
- debugging tools for freeing shared memory (without rc/tracing)
- go style literals + type system?
- swift style nullable

Seems he wants a streamlined nogc/nothrow version of D with a
dedicated syntax for his field. D could probably be modified to
fit pretty well.