Signal flare: vibed.org throwing 500 errors

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 05:07:55 PDT 2014

Am 20.09.2014 06:11, schrieb Tim Keating:
> Okay, this is weird.
>
> This is only happening for me using Google Chrome on OS X 10.9. I can
> hit the site with Safari and Firefox just fine.
>
> I thought maybe I had some malicious infected extension or something (I
> was seeing some activity there in the network trace in the Chrome
> developer tools), so I disabled all my extensions. Still happening.
>
> And the error page looks very clearly like the output from the errorOut
> function in server.d. Which suggests to me that I'm getting to the
> server and it's legitimately sending me a 500 error. But there's no
> attached debugging information (debug_msg appears to be blank).
>
> Scratching my head at this point.
>
> TK

Works for me with Chrome 37 on OS X 10.9.2. I've enabled some more
debugging output, so hopefully it will output something useful next time.

BTW, it's also theoretically possible that the site was simply down for
a few seconds. The gateway proxy currently still returns a 500 error
instead of 502 in that case. There have been some RangeViolation errors
in the log (without call trace unfortunately), which have caused the
site to get restarted.