What are the worst parts of D?

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 05:39:21 PDT 2014

There was a recent video[1] by Jonathan Blow about what he would
want in a programming language designed specifically for game
development. Go, Rust, and D were mentioned and his reason for
not wanting to use D is is that it is "too much like C++"
although he does not really go into it much and it was a very
small part of the video it still brings up some questions.

What I am curious is what are the worst parts of D? What sort of
things would be done differently if we could start over or if we
were designing a D3? I am not asking to try and bash D but
because it is helpful to know what's bad as well as good.

I will start off...
GC by default is a big sore point that everyone brings up
"is" expressions are pretty wonky
Libraries could definitely be split up better

What do you think are the worst parts of D?

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH9VCN6UkyQ