What are the worst parts of D?

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 07:22:31 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 13:30:24 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grostad wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 12:39:23 UTC, Tofu Ninja
> wrote:
>> What do you think are the worst parts of D?
>
> 1. The whining in the forums.
>
> 2. Lacks focus on a dedicated application area.
>
> 3. No strategy for getting more people on board.
>
> 4. No visible roadmap.

Not really a problem with the language. Just problems.

> 5. Too much focus on retaining C semantics (go does a bit
> better)
>
> 6. Inconsistencies and hacks (too many low hanging fruits)
>
> 7. More hacks are being added rather than removing existing
> ones.

Definitely can agree, I think it has to do with the sentiment
that it is "too much like C++"

> 8. Not enough performance oriented process.

Not sure what you are saying, are you saying there is not a big
enough focus on performance?

> 9. It's mysteriously addictive and annoying at the same time.

Is that a problem?

> 10. It's contagious and now I'm in bed with a cold.

:<