RFC: reference counted Throwable

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 07:42:12 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 14:33:40 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Am 20.09.2014 15:40, schrieb Ola Fosheim Grostad:
>> On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 12:27:23 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
>> wrote:
>>> Assuming this would eventually be implemented for regular
>>> classes, it
>>> would be nice if it could be made compatible with Objective-C
>>> ARC [1].
>>>
>>> [1] http://clang.llvm.org/docs/AutomaticReferenceCounting.html
>>
>> Isn't Objective-C ARC known to be terribly efficient?

I'm really sorry, but that was a very confusing typo on my part.

I meant "INefficient"! :-)

> It requires compiler support, though.

:-) Yes, but I was more talking about the representation in
memory based on reading the source code that can be found in the
repository. I read it the last time ARC was discussed…

But, I am not 100% sure what code Apple actually ships.