RFC: reference counted Throwable

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 08:05:37 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 14:33:21 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Pretty much any time you do fibers + async I/O : to emulate
> blocking API one needs to catch and store exceptions from I/O
> routines so that later those can be re-thrown from resumed
> fiber context.

Ah, indeed, and that could have a great many of them alive at
once. Blargh, it'd need a real allocator to handle freeing them
out of order.

Nevertheless though, I still think the lifetime management there
is simple enough for the user-programmer that freeing it manually
isn't a big hassle and not worth making major changes to the
language over.