Library Typedefs are fundamentally broken

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 08:51:54 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 15:26:37 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
>> But Typedef is not some generic symbol. It is library type
>> specifically
>> introduced as `typedef` keyword replacement and advertised as
>> such. I
>> expect it to work as close to `typedef` as possible being the
>> most
>> priority. Otherwise it is simply useless.
>
> No. -- Andrei

I don't really care what you think. There is a simple fact -
there is not a single use case I am going to use existing
implementation instead of rolling one of my own. Call me a
pervert but when standard library type can't be used for
something it was initially proposed for it does smell like a
failure.