RFC: reference counted Throwable

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 09:32:44 PDT 2014

On 9/20/14, 1:46 AM, Uranuz wrote:
> Also it's interesting waht is the correspondence between memory
> management, memory model and allocators? I know that std.allocator is in
> development. I guess that it should be considered in complex.

1. Memory management: when are calls to allocation and deallocation
primitives made?

2. Allocators: what are the allocation and deallocation primitives, and
how are they implemented?

3. Memory model: how is memory effected by programs? (of interest for
compiler implementers and thread safety)

There is occasional confusion among the three. I myself was in the woods
for a while thinking that allocators should do memory management.

Andrei