What are the worst parts of D?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 20 16:07:15 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 23:01:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Oh wait, you forgot is(...) syntax (and their various
> inconsistent semantics)! Plz add. ;-)

I used to hate is()... but then I spent the time to understand it
to write about it in my book and now it doesn't bother me
anymore. It is a bit weird looking, but there's a perfectly
understandable pattern and logic to it; it makes sense once you
get it.

The two alias syntaxes don't but me either, the old one was fine,
the new one is cool too. I'd be annoyed if the old one
disappeared cuz of compatibility tho.

That said, I want the C style array declaration to die die die,
that's just evil. But the old style alias is ok.

> string results[](T) = "I have no idea what I'm doing";

I agree that's just weird though, someone pointed that out to me
on IRC and I was even like wtf. I had thought I've seen it all
until then.