RFC: reference counted Throwable

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 21 11:14:11 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 21 September 2014 at 18:10:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Thanks, good to know. IMHO having RCObject inherit IUnknown is
> more of a distraction than a benefit, but I'll let Walter be
> the judge of that. -- Andrei

Actually, I think it is a good idea to do the refcounting thing
on COM objects anyway. I've used wrapper structs for that in the
past, but if you don't do that right you can escape a reference
which is freed, so putting it right on the object is kinda useful.

Of course, IUnknown AND RCObject could be refcounted roots.