What are the worst parts of D?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 21 15:16:06 PDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 08:49:38AM +0000, via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 September 2014 at 00:07:36 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> >On Saturday, 20 September 2014 at 12:39:23 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> >>What do you think are the worst parts of D?
> >
> >The regressions!
> >
> >https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&list_id=106988&resolution=---
> >
> >I filed over half of those...
>
> I guess you found them using your own code base? Maybe it would make
> sense to add one or more larger projects to the autotester, in
> addition to the unit tests. They don't necessarily need to be
> blocking, just a notice "hey, your PR broke this and that project"
> would surely be helpful to detect the breakages early on.

This has been suggested before. The problem is resources. If you're
willing to donate equipment for running these tests, it would be greatly
appreciated, I believe.

For my part, I regularly try compiling my own projects with git HEAD,
and filing any regressions I find.

Arise, you prisoners of Windows / Arise, you slaves of Redmond, Wash, / The day and hour soon are coming / When all the IT folks say "Gosh!" / It isn't from a clever lawsuit / That Windowsland will finally fall, / But thousands writing open source code / Like mice who nibble through a wall. -- The Linux-nationale by Greg Baker