RFC: reference counted Throwable

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 21 16:32:27 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 21 September 2014 at 20:57:24 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:
> No improvements to the GC can fix this. @nogc needs to be
> usable, whether you are a GC fan or not.

True.

To fix this, we need to add a pile of hack that take care of this
specific use case. The end goal is to have a pile of hack for
every single use case, as this is what C++ has and C++ is
successful and we want to be successful.

Introducing a construct to manage ownership would obviously avoid
the whole pile of hack, but hey, this would introduce complexity
to the language, when the pile of hack do not.

AMIRITE ?