Library Typedefs are fundamentally broken

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 23 09:56:10 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 04:41:27PM +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 16:19:00 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> >So why not mix in Typedef? -- Andrei
>
> Why would I ever want it? Plain struct is absolutely superior to it.

So what are we arguing about here? If struct + alias this trumps
Typedef, then we should remove Typedef from Phobos and call it a day.

This thread has gone on way too long (and has devolved into
thinly-veiled name-calling, sarcasm, and nitpicking on definitions of
words -- only inches away from Godwin's Law) without any action. Will
anyone object if I submit a PR to get rid of Typedef? :-P

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.