assume, assert, enforce, @safe

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 23 11:35:40 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 09:25:51PM +0300, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:19:56 +0100
> Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
> > Even if I had to choose between an occasional savefile corruption
> > that would render a game impossible to win, and having my games
> > crash every time ANY bug happened, I would still prefer the former.
>
> it game will crash on ANY bug, it will contain alot less bugs.  'cause
> even the dumbiest QA full of monkeys will not let the game which
> crashes once in a ten seconds to go out of the door.

+1. When the game blatantly crashes on every little thing, there is
pressure on the coders to actually fix the problem. Ignored errors ==
convenient excuse for coders to evade work ("it's *only* a minor display
glitch!", "the deadline's tomorrow, we don't have time to fix this",
"it's 5pm, I need to go home and feed my goldfish", "besides, it still
works anyway, more or less", etc.).

Life is complex. It consists of real and imaginary parts. -- YHL