What are the worst parts of D?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 00:40:48 PDT 2014

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:54:32 -0700
Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> This means if we have some level of C++ interop, we have a killer
> feature.
and if we have OCR in phobos we have a killer feature. hey, i know two
users that will switch to D if D will have good OCR in standard
library! yet i know noone who will switch to D if D will get good c++
interop. note that i have many friends who are programmers and almost
none of them interested in OCR.

what i want to say is that c++ interop topic is overhyped. but lets
just check it: start a little survey with one question: "how many
people you know that will surely switch to D if it will get great c++
interop?" i for myself already know the results of such survey.