What are the worst parts of D?

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 02:33:30 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 24 September 2014 at 07:41:48 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:24:21 -0700
> Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > I completely agree. Lets focus on the D users we actually
>> > have, not
>> > some imaginary C++ users that will come running as soon as
>> > there is
>> > enough C++ support.
>> Those are very real. I know this for a fact. -- Andrei
> all three of them.

I don't understand how it isn't obvious how important C++ interop
would be in getting new users to switch. I especially don't
understand it since it's been mentioned several times so far how
important C interop was for C++'s adoption.

I write unit tests at work for C code in C++. Because I can. To
this day, C++ is getting used because it's C-compatible.

Atila