Any libunwind experts n da house?

IgorStepanov via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 04:27:03 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 17:37:42 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> We need a libunwind expert to figure out a good approach for
> handling exceptions thrown by C++ code into D.
>
> Is anyone fluent with libunwind?
>

> Andrei

Is there plans to catching C++ exceptions in D?
What kind of C++ exceptions planned to catch in D?
For example C++ can throw primitive types exceptions, for example
int.
Of cource, them can be wrapped into special D CPPException :
Throwable, class, which contains string representation of C++
exception.
What about C++ polymorthic exceptions? AFAIK, C++ exception are
throwing by-value, and catching by ref (to allow polimorthic
catch). Where C++ calls destructor for exception? In catch block?
In D GC handles an exception lifetime.
Is there any ideas about it?
P.S. I tell about user-side of catching C++ exceptions, not about
implementation.