Any libunwind experts n da house?

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 09:05:31 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 24 September 2014 at 15:07:05 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/24/14, 5:12 AM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there plans to catching C++ exceptions in D?
>>
>> I'd say no to such an idea.
>
> I understand the difficulty of it. However, we should look into
> it closely. Preventing D code from catching C++ exceptions
> forces one to implement the driver/event loop/etc in C++, which
> is quite unpleasant. It essentially takes C++ compatibility a
> few good notches down.

If C++ code can execute D delegates, perhaps an intermediate step
would be to create a wrapper in C++ that calls the delegate
wrapped in an appropriate try/catch block.  Syntax would be a bit
weird as you'd have to specify a callback for each exception type
you wanted to catch, but it seems doable.