What are the worst parts of D?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 14:12:15 PDT 2014

On 9/24/14, 1:10 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> That's unfortunate indeed. I wish I could inspire them as to how cool a
> properly-done build system can be.
[snip]

That's all nice. However: (1) the truth is there's no clear modern build
tool that has "won" over make; oh there's plenty of them, but each has
its own quirks that makes it tenuous to use; (2) any build system for a
project of nontrivial size needs a person/team minding it - never saw
such a thing as it's just all automated and it works; (3) especially if
the build system is not that familiar, the role of the build czar is all
the more important.

So the reality is quite a bit more complicated than the shiny city on a
hill you describe.

Andrei