What are the worst parts of D?

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 15:46:15 PDT 2014

"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1605.1411597973.5783.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> IMNSHO, any PR that haven't been touched in more than, say, 1-2 months,
> should just be outright closed. If/when the people involved have time to
> work on it again, it can be reopened. If a feature is questionable or
> controversial, shouldn't it be discussed on the forum and then a
> decision made? Ignoring controversial PRs isn't getting us anywhere. At
> the very least, if we can't decide, the PR should be closed (the
> submitter can just reopen it later once he manages to convince people
> that it's worthwhile -- that's what git branches are for).

If they're abandoned.  Closing pull requests because Walter hasn't made a
decision yet would be a terrible policy.  Many forum discussions produce
only "i want this" responses and provide no useful review on the design or
implementation.

> I wish people would just make a decision about PRs, even if it's just to
> close it with "sorry this is not worth the time", than to silently
> ignore it and hope it would somehow go away on its own.

I'd want that too, if those were the only two options.