What are the worst parts of D?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 21:44:26 PDT 2014

> The build system that will be successful for D will cooperate with the compiler,
> which will give it fine-grained dependency information. Haskell does the same
> with good results.

There's far more to a build system than generating executables. And there's more
to generating executables than D source files (there may be C files in there,
and C++ files, YACC files, and random other files).

Heck, dmd uses C code to generated more .c source files. I've seen more than one
fabulous build system that couldn't cope with that.

Make is the C++ of build systems. It may be ugly, but you can get it to work.