What are the worst parts of D?

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 00:38:48 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 07:04:43 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 25/09/14 03:54, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> Well, Cliff & I (and whoever's interested) will see what we
>> can do about
>> that. Perhaps in the not-so-distant future we may have a D
>> build tool
>> that can serve as the go-to build tool for D projects.
>
> What problems do you see with Dub?

Here's one: having to manually generate the custom main file for
unittest builds. There's no current way (or at least there wasn't
when I brought it up in the dub forum) to tell it to autogenerate
a D file from a dub package and list it as a dependency of the
unittest build.

This is trivial in CMake. Instead I have to remember to run my
dtest program every time I create a new file with unit tests when
it should be done for me.

Atila