[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 01:47:24 PDT 2014

Walter Bright:

> This stood out for me. Deallocated how?

Calling free when the struct instance goes out of scope, I
presume.

> People who write high perf software tend to have multiple
> allocators for different purposes.

I think that data is used all together, so it's reasonable to
allocate it from a single allocator.

> I don't think this feature will work.

I think he's already using this strategy in production code. So I
think it works. He's just asking for a language feature that
implements this idiom for him in a shorter and cleaner way.

Bye,
bearophile