[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

currysoup via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 03:46:59 PDT 2014

Would just like to remind you all that he's trying to foster
conversation rather than declare "this is the most perfect
language ever". A lot of his ideas don't hold water in their
current form but I'm sure D wasn't designed in a 2 hour live
stream :). I'm personally really excited at the prospect of some
momentum in a language designed specifically for games engineers.

D is really great and solves a lot of the issues raised in the
video. A lot of D's features (GC in particular) become ugliness
you've got to avoid. In addition all the @nogc, nothrow, pure,
etc. becomes crufty.

I quite like the idea of "simple by default" and you enable
features with annotations (@usegc, @throws, @pure).