Announcing libasync, a cross-platform D event loop

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 06:26:32 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-25 2:51 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> The only complains I've seen with FSEvents is that it doesn't support
> notifying about file changes, only directory changes. But that has been
> fixed in OS X 10.7 so that complain is moot.

Good, and according to the stats I've seen, 95% of users are on the 2
most recent OS X versions!

>> I found the solution with kqueue's vnode, which acts like inotify. It
>> doesn't have recursion nor file modification events when watching
>> folders so individual files had to be watched and the directories
>> checked against cache data every time an event came in.
>
> That sounds like a quite big limitation.

It is, but I managed to get around it. Although I haven't yet
implemented the renaming/move operation detection. I might as well plan
on writing the FSEvent implementation for Mac OS X and state some
limitations with FreeBSD in that case =) Thanks for the hint!