Marrying bugzilla issues with git pull requests

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 07:11:56 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 13:53:15 UTC, Andrew Edwards
wrote:
> This would provide a uniformed location to see if a pull exists
> for a specific issue

For the record, for this particular problem we use the "pull"
keyword. Posting a fixing pull URL as a comment by itself is also
prevalently common, perhaps it would be easier to standardize
that instead.

> If there is a better way, I would appreciate guidance toward
> that direction also.

Well, ideally, it would be better to use an API instead of
parsing HTML.

The current Bugzilla does not expose an API (I understand it's
planned for the next major Bugzilla version). The blessed way to
programmatically query a Bugzilla instance seems to be to use
BzAPI, which works like a proxy - exposing an API while talking
to a slighty-patched Bugzilla instance:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:BzAPI#Your_Own_Installation

However, I don't think we'll be able to convince Brad to patch
D's Bugzilla installation to support BzAPI, since he declined
previous similar requests.