Marrying bugzilla issues with git pull requests

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 20:53:27 PDT 2014

"Andrew Edwards"  wrote in message news:m019d3$1tuj$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Understood, but there is no way for me to actually identify THE pull
> request(s) that fix(es) an issue among the comments, even if pulls are
> placed in their own comments. There is always a chance that a linked
> comment is incorrect or that the pull didn't actually address the issue
> and was closed in favor of a better implemented solution (or simply closed
> with no alternative provided). At those times there are multiple links,
> and only some (or one) of them may actually apply.

Does the query have to be fast?  Once you have the potential pull request
url, you could query github and look for the "fixes issue NNNN" etc in the
commit messages that github greps for.  If they link back to the same
bugzilla issue, chances are the link was correct.  Most pull requests will
also have a link to the bugzilla issue in the description.