[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 26 02:41:08 PDT 2014

On Friday, 26 September 2014 at 09:24:19 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 26 September 2014 at 08:59:04 UTC, po wrote:
>>> - RAII makes most sense if you have exceptions.
>>  RAII is orthogonal to exceptions, so his claim is nonsense.
>
> Just a note: this isn't really true. RAII was initially used to
> deal with exceptions.

This is completely not true, we were using RAII in C++ before any
compiler had real support for exceptions.

In the 90's exceptions were still being discussed at ANSI/ISO
with very few compiler offering support for them. And those that
did, suffered from implementation bugs.

--
Paulo