Announcing libasync, a cross-platform D event loop

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 26 03:04:40 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-26 5:29 AM, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Small nitpick with the spelling: asynchroneous => asynchronous. I
> personally don't care about spelling but many people tend to
> (unfortunately) look the other way when they find typos.

Hm, my french messed with my mind on that one :-P we say asynchrone or
asynchroné

> Btw, have you had a look at http://wiki.dlang.org/Event_system ? I'm
> just wondering how much of that idea page / proposal is covered.
>
> Anyway, this is a solid initiative. I look forward to seeing it in Phobos!

I originally developed it with vibe.d's usage in mind which implicitely
forced me to cover most of this list, but currently it's lacking
AsyncObject which would allow to monitor file descriptors and cover a
good chunk of this list. I'm sure it will be a very useful resource for
upcoming decisions.