What are the worst parts of D?

Bigsandwich via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 26 16:31:51 PDT 2014

Reading this thread makes me a little sad, because all of the
wish list stuff seems to be about features that VS already has,
and the I use every day :(

> For example, the idea of stepping through lines of code (i.e.
> individual
> statements) is a convenient simplification, but really, in
> modern
> programming languages there are multiple levels of semantics
> that could
> have a meaningful concept of "stepping forward/backward".

Only for C#, I would love to see this for native code:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h5e30exc%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

On Thursday, 25 September 2014 at 05:30:56 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/24/2014 9:43 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> printf debugging FTW! :-P
>
> There's more than that, but yeah. Most of my types I'll write a
> "pretty printer" for, and use that. No conceivable debugger can
> guess how I want to view my data.
>
> For example, I can pretty-print an Expression as either a tree
> or in infix notation.

autoexp.dat can do this in the debugger:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zf0e8s14.aspx

http://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/debugging-optimized-codenew-in-visual-studio-2012/