[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 26 17:47:33 PDT 2014

On 27 September 2014 04:20, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/2014 8:21 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> I've never used an exception before. I can't imagine a reason I would
>> ever want to.
>

> Nothrow is your friend, then!

It certainly is. The only thing that ever ruins my nothrow-ness are
phobos calls ;)

> BTW, you need exceptions if there appears in your code things like:
>
>     if (errorHappened) goto LcleanupCode;

Initialisation logic often looks like this, and I buy the value of
exceptions in this case. However, I've never successfully implemented
it yet though, because the calls that create code like that always
seem to be extern-C calls in my experience... :/
I'm not sure why my D code doesn't manifest those patterns, D just
seems to produce different code than C/C++...