D mention on developer.apple.com

Michel Fortin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 27 04:11:25 PDT 2014

On 2014-09-27 10:02:59 +0000, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:

> On 2014-09-27 11:05, ponce wrote:
>
>> - and no exceptions, just because
>
> The Objective-C frameworks by Apple basically never throw exceptions.

There's that.

Also, remember Walter's fear of ARC in D that would be bloating the
generated code by implicitly adding exception handlers all over the
place? Well, Swift won't have to bother about that. I'm not claiming
that is why there's no exception in Swift, but it's an interesting
conjecture.

The Cocoa error handling pattern is rather ugly to use in Swift at the
moment. I hypothesize they'll come up with something later on the error
handling front.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.ca