DMD 2.066 phobos looks broken too... (Was druntime)

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 27 04:51:38 PDT 2014

On 26 September 2014 01:32, Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 09/24/2014 11:35 PM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> Bonus points, D inline assembly in a nothrow function.
>

> Marking asm as throwing by default doesn't make too much sense IMO,
> because it's fairly difficult to throw from iasm (never seen it) and the
> main point about iasm is full control.
> So why not simply trust the programmer decision here?

Moving onto phobos std.math falls into this trap too, eg:
getControlState/setControlState being culprits that affect me (I wrote
non-asm paths for pretty much every other std.math function) should I
choose to continue to disallow gdc asm in nothrow functions.

Though it is quite clear that all asm statements in std.math are
nothrow, what would be nice is a @trusted or nothrow attribute to be
added to asm statements to denote validated inline assembly in nothrow
functions.

Iain.