[Semi OT] Language for Game Development talk

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 27 08:52:59 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 27 September 2014 at 09:32:19 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2014-09-27 02:47, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>
>> Initialisation logic often looks like this, and I buy the
>> value of
>> exceptions in this case. However, I've never successfully
>> implemented it yet though, because the calls that create code
>> like that always seem to be extern-C calls in my experience...
>> :/
>
> Perhaps you should wrap those call an throw an exception.

I often do something like this:

proc(someFunc(a, b, c));
proc(anotherFunc(d, e, f));

Where proc() processes the return value and conditionally throws
on error.  You really need one such function per API, but that's
not a big deal.  You can kind of get away with macros if you're
using C, but all they can really do is jump to an expected Lerror
label.