Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 28 14:21:25 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 28 September 2014 at 21:16:51 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:

> But otherwise agreed, dropping the whole process is not always
> a good idea or it easily becomes a DoS attack vector in a
> public service.

What I really want to work towards is the Erlang model where an
app is a web of communicating processes (though Erlang processes
are effectively equivalent to D objects).  Then, killing a
process on an error is absolutely correct.  It doesn't affect the
resilience of the system.  But if these processes are actually
threads or fibers with memory protection, things get a lot more
complicated.  I really need to spend some time investigating how
modern Linux systems handle tons of processes running on them and
try to find a happy medium.