Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 28 17:09:57 PDT 2014

On 9/28/2014 3:51 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> However, it's clearly very desirable in this use-case for the application to
> keep going if at all possible and for any problem, even an Error, to be
> contained in its local context if we can do so.  (By "local context", in
> practice this probably means a thread or fiber or some other similar programming
> construct.)

If the program has entered an unknown state, its behavior from then on cannot be
predictable. There's nothing I or D can do about that. D cannot officially
endorse such a practice, though D being a systems programming language it will
let you do what you want.

I would not even consider such a practice for a program that is in charge of
anything that could result in injury, death, property damage, security breaches,
etc.