So what exactly is coming with extended C++ support?

Szymon Gatner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 03:00:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

recently there is much talk about extending C++ interop in D but
it is unclear to me what that means. Functions and virtual class
methods are already callable. What else is planned in the near
future? Exceptions? Support for C++ templates? (that seems
difficult no?).

Is VS support planned (I think I saw Andrei only asking about GCC
support for exceptions/stack unwining)? Atm it does not really
work (even building x64 exe with D lib linked).

 From the PoV of small game developer relying its livelihood on
C++ I must say that this is great thing. If I had better support
for 2 things now: C++ interop so we could just start writing new
code in D and ARM/iOS then we would just move immediately.

In short, I am very happy (but only if you remember about VC
users!) to hear about this direction. Some people here seem to
think that this is not relevant effort but clearly they don't
have existing C++ code to maintain and deal with.