std.experimental.logger formal review round 3

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 04:46:02 PDT 2014

Am Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:41:05 +0000
schrieb "Vladimir Panteleev" <vladimir at thecybershadow.net>:

> Two things:
>
> 1. Timestamps with millisecond precision or better?
>
> 2. Creating one log file per day? I.e. built-in logrotate. If
> it's not built-in, would it be difficult to add on top?

Basically your logger gets passed all the basic information
(file, line, function, module, log level, Tid, timestamp as
`SysTime` (up to hnsecs precision), message and the original
logger). You decide how to handle it, whether you pass it on
to another logger, open a file or keep it in memory.

--
Marco