via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 09:32:14 PDT 2014

On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 15:39:08 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> with, a trace).  I don't at all object to that as a sensible
> default, but I think that the ultimate decision on how
> Exceptions and Errors report themselves should be in the hands
> of the program developer, depending on the use-case of the
> application.

That's a very sensible argument. From a pragmatic point of view I
am usually not interested in the whole stack trace.

I am primarily interested in where it was thrown, where it was
turned into an error and where it was logged + "function call
input" at that point.

Maybe a trade off can be found that is less costly than building
a full stack trace.