So what exactly is coming with extended C++ support?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 13:15:05 PDT 2014

On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 10:00:27 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:

> From the PoV of small game developer relying its livelihood on
> C++ I must say that this is great thing. If I had better
> support for 2 things now: C++ interop so we could just start
> writing new code in D and ARM/iOS then we would just move
> immediately.

Is that all it would take? Do you also need a GC-free standard
library, which seems to be the need of all the others saying "do
this and I'll switch from C++"? Are the tools good enough?

I don't think anyone is saying C++ interop is unimportant. There
are a lot of us already using the language and we don't think C++
interop is the only thing that has value. More important IMO
would be releasing a compiler without a bunch of regressions. D
is a lot more than a C++ replacement for Facebook or video game
developers.