So what exactly is coming with extended C++ support?

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 14:20:18 PDT 2014

On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 20:15:06 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

> Is that all it would take? Do you also need a GC-free standard
> library, which seems to be the need of all the others saying
> "do this and I'll switch from C++"? Are the tools good enough?

No relation to OP, but I can tell you it is unbelievably more
important.  For the most part, deficiencies in Phobos can
reasonably be worked around or improved.  The body of useful
libraries written in C++ can't.

> I don't think anyone is saying C++ interop is unimportant.
> There are a lot of us already using the language and we don't
> think C++ interop is the only thing that has value.

That's true, but how many wheels are you really willing to
reinvent?  And how many man years are you willing to spend doing
it?

-Wyatt