RFC: moving forward with @nogc Phobos

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 15:43:03 PDT 2014

On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 22:18:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Passing arrays by reference is plenty adequate with all memory
> management strategies. You'll need to wait and see how the
> proposal changes that, but if you naysay, back it up.

Resisting to go on meaningless argument on other points, this
pretty much says that focus on things that are important for me
is abandoned in favor of something that mostly doesn't matter. Am
I supposed to be happy? :) Am I supposed to be twice as happy
when you propose to close pull requests that do help because of
this proposal?

I am waiting for what comes next but right now "not impressed" is
most optimistic way to put this. Sorry :(