Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 29 16:28:44 PDT 2014

On Monday, 29 September 2014 at 21:49:44 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:

> Is it not better to throttle down the connection volumes before
> it reach processes not being able to handle an overload in in a
> correct way?

Well, it many cases it isn't the pure load numbers that are the
problem but the interaction of the behavior of actual real users.
   Like it isn't overly difficult to simulate a large volume of
traffic on a system, but it's extremely difficult to simulate
realistic behavior patters.  I think in many cases the problem
ends up being unexpected interactions of different behaviors that
cause problems rather than simply high volume.