So what exactly is coming with extended C++ support?

po via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 30 06:58:56 PDT 2014

> This will most likely change when they get their IL2CPP
> production ready and start moving code from C++ to C#.
>
> Or when Microsoft finishes the ongoing work on .NET Native.
>
> --
> Paulo

  I'd not seen IL2CPP before, but from this link:

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/05/20/the-future-of-scripting-in-unity/

It appears to act as a replacement for the mono VM, allowing for
AoT compilation of .Net IL into C++, so that they can benefit
from existing C++ compiler tech.

  It doesn't mention anything about moving C++ into C#.
Even with IL2CPP, C# has fundamental design trade offs that make
it slower than C++(GC is just one of them), so it wouldn't make
much sense to port engine code to C# unless they wanted it to run
slower.