GC.sizeOf(array.ptr)

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 30 12:27:05 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 19:19:18 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:

> Hm... looked at the code, I have no idea how the GC would
> handle user-defined stuff. It seems to only deal with bits it
> knows about (i.e. APPENDABLE is specifically handled in gc/gc.d)

It wouldn't.  The GC was just going to provide storage for some
number of user-defined bits.

> I think I just took the next bit available, if there was a
> warning about GC internal bits when I added APPENDABLE, I
> either missed it or dismissed it.

With BlkAttr defined independently in a bunch of different places
at the time, the comment would have been easy to miss.  I don't
know that it really matters anyway, but it's something I noticed
today.