So what exactly is coming with extended C++ support?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 30 12:59:11 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 19:47:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grostad wrote:
> I dont think there will be a game friendly D version untill
> someone decides to cooperate on D--. Basically cutting features
> and redesign for fast precise GC that minimize cache load and
> that can run 60 times per sec without taking more than 10% of
> the cpu.
>
> I think it is doable for a given execution and memory model.
> Add some constraints and performance will happen! :-)

There's probably not much feature-wise that stands in the way of
a fast precise GC. Implicitly shared `immutable` is one example,
but other than that, I would say it's mostly unimplemented bits
and pieces (missing type information) and "wrong" decisions made
when designing the standard library.