operators in language reference

Dominikus Dittes Scherkl via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 1 08:50:19 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 1 April 2015 at 15:42:31 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> does this including IEEE floating point number description down
> to bits,
> for example? as it's essentialy the same thing: requirement to
> read
> external sources.
>
> i.e. it's good and all that, but where we should draw the line?

At least a reference to another (concurrent!) language is not so
good.
D aims to replace C/C++, so it should not refer to its
definitions.

But ok, I've read the expressions chapter again, and most
operators are described good enought. For some it is clear from
the naming of the operands (AddExpression implies an arithmetic
operation of addition/subtraction) but it is not realy explicitly
expressed.