Redirecting dead links on the website

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 1 16:23:04 PDT 2015

On 04/01/2015 11:20 PM, w0rp wrote:
> Phobos documentation was restructured, and the new structure is good.
> However, changing the URLs for the documentation has left behind a few
> broken links, some of which I'm seeign in Google search results. For
> example, this page I just saw.
>
> http://dlang.org/library/std/traits/ValueType.html

We changed dpl-docs format from CamelCase to underscore because Andrei
used a case-insensitive file system on OSX.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/pull/129

> We sould track down the old links and redirect to the new documentation
> pages.

I might look into that, it's quite some work though.
Can we feed them the sitemap instead?
http://dlang.org/library/sitemap.xml

> I also noticed that we are hosting two different versions of the Phobos
> documentation, one in one format for 2.066, and another in another
> format for 2.067. See these two pages for example.
>
> http://dlang.org/library/std/traits.html
> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_traits.html

That's intended /library/ is the "new" documentation generated by
ddox/dpl-docs with one page per entity.